Essential Skills software will not function properly unless it has unrestricted permissions to its program and data folders.
To set permissions on a Windows PC, follow the instructions below. (You must be logged in as an administrator to give these rights.)
- Right click any associated base folder and select properties.
- Click on the security tab found at the top of the properties window.
- Select your student group from the group and user name list.
- Make sure a check mark exists in the Full Control section of the system permissions window.
- Select an associated base folder and press command I on your keyboard.
- Locate the sharing and permissions section at the bottom of the Info window.
- Select your student group and set their privileges to Read & Write.
- Click on the gear found at the bottom of the info windows and select “Apply to enclosed items”. (Some OS versions may have a button labeled “Apply to enclosed items” instead of a gear. In this case simply click to button to perpetuate the rights to all child folders.)
Following are the instructions for a Macintosh. (You must be logged in as system administrator to give these rights.)